Raise an A-1 Flag Today!
- General information
- Personal Information We Collect
- Third Parties' Access to Information
- External Links
- Non-Secure Website Areas
- Updating Your Account Information
- Opt-Out Option
- Your Consent
- Contacting Us
- WEB SITE USE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Limited License
- Preservation of Intellectual Property Rights
- Changes and Improvements
- Jurisdictional Issues
- Submission of Ideas by Users
When you set up an account with us, or when you make a purchase through our website, we collect certain personal information. That information includes:
- your name, address, phone number and email address;
- credit card information whenever a purchase is made;
- account preferences, including whether or not you wish to receive our newsletter and website update information by email;
- names, titles, business contact information from our corporate and business customer contacts.
This information is collected and used for a number of purposes:
• To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Personal contact and credit card information is required to process your purchases. Account information is retained by us to enable our website to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account and download files which you have purchased. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
• To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
• To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to our website. Your email address will be used to send you our newsletters and mailings IF YOU HAVE REQUESTED US TO DO SO. This option is available when you set up your account. You can withdraw your consent for such mailings at any time by contact us as set out below.
• To develop, enhance or provide new products and services. We may from time to time conduct surveys and research, requesting input from our visitors to help us improve our website, products and services in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
• To manage and administer our business. The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user's traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet 'addresses' assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
• To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information.
We will not use your information for any other purpose without your consent.
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser - but not you - to our servers each time you visit our website. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user's system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
A-1 Flags Inc. is not in the business of selling customer information to others. Our customer information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These agents have access to customer information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
Customer information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason A-1 Flags Inc. transfers or divests itself of its business assets, our customer information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
A-1 Flags Inc. will release customer information to the appropriate law enforcement, governmental or other authorities if legally required to do so. A-1 Flags Inc. will also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners or any other party and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, email address) on non-secure areas of the A-1 Flags Inc. website, that information can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of A-1 Flags Inc..
We store subscriber and password information on our website in a secure manner. We store such information in a manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind firewall and password protection, or offline.
This site has security measures in place (including the use of Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") encryption technology) to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. All order forms are encrypted and are transmitted via a secure server.
Employees, agents and affiliates of A-1 Flags Inc. who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job or contractual requirements will have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill such requirements.
A-1 Flags Inc.
31D Durward Place, Waterloo, ON N2L 4E5
ATTENTION: Website Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner via http://www.privcom.gc.ca/ or by calling 1-800-267-0441.
A-1 Flags Inc. reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, and you agree that each visit you make to A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site shall be subject to the current terms and conditions as published on our website at http://www.a1flags.ca.
By accessing A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Web Site Use Terms & Conditions and all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, do not use this site. Any claim relating to A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site shall be governed by the laws of Canada. The materials contained in A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark laws.
No Endorsement of Third Party Content
A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site contains links to and frames of sites that are not maintained by A-1 Flags Inc.. A-1 Flags Inc. is not responsible for the content of those sites and cannot guarantee that those sites will not change without our knowledge. The inclusion of such links and frames in A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site does not imply endorsement of such sites or any content, information, material, products or services provided on such sites.
THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON A-1 FLAGS INC.'S WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH A-1 FLAGS INC.'S WEB SITE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. In no event shall A-1 Flags Inc. or its service providers, affiliates, associates, subsidiaries or partners be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption, arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials contained on A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site, even if A-1 Flags Inc. has been notified of the possibility of such damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behaviour, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
A-1 Flags Inc. hereby grants you a limited license to view on your computer, print, download and use any content made available on A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site for which a fee is not charged, for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes only, provided that you do not modify any such content, and that you include with and display on each copy of such content all applicable notices, including a copyright notice, the URL of the document and this limited license. No other use is permitted.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing you may not make any commercial use of such content, either alone or in or with any product which you distribute, or copy or host such content on your or any other person's web site or FTP server. Nothing contained in this limited license shall be deemed as conferring any right in any copyright, trade mark, trade name or other proprietary property of A-1 Flags Inc. or any other party who owns or has proprietary rights to the content, information and materials provided on A-1 Flags Inc.'s Web Site.
All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by A-1 Flags Inc. or by other parties that have licensed their material to A-1 Flags Inc. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by A-1 Flags Inc. may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective Providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.
Due to the nature of the Internet, it is not possible for A-1 Flags Inc. to restrict access to its web site only to those jurisdictions in which it does business. Some of all of the products and services offered on this web site may not be eligible for solicitation in your jurisdiction. If you are accessing this web site from such a jurisdiction, you should not consider anything on this site as an offer to sell or as a solicitation to the public to purchase any product or service from A-1 Flags Inc. This site is for use only by persons residing in jurisdictions where such products and services may legally be sold.
A-1 Flags Inc. offers services and programs in many parts of the world. The web site may refer to certain services or programs that are not available worldwide. Without specifically limiting the offers made on this web site, reference to such services or programs does not imply that A-1 Flags Inc. intends to offer such service or programs in all countries or locations.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials contained in A-1 Flags Inc.'s web site are presented solely for the purpose of personal use. This site is controlled and operated by A-1 Flags Inc. from its offices in Canada. A-1 Flags Inc. makes no representation that any of the materials contained in A-1 Flags Inc.'s web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and the parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of Canada. Any provisions of this agreement which are or may be rendered invalid, unenforceable or illegal, shall be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity, unenforceability or illegality, without affecting the validity, enforceability or legality of the remaining provisions of this Agreement. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written, of the parties.
A-1 Flags Inc. appreciates and respects the privacy concerns of the visitors to its web site. As a general policy, no personal information is automatically collected from customers visiting this web site. However, certain information is recorded as a matter of course by A-1 Flags Inc.'s servers in order to track the number of visitors to the web site and to help provide an enhanced online experience for the visitor. The type of information tracked by our servers includes the browser and operating system in use by the visitor and the domain name of the visitorís Internet service Provider. Collecting this information allows A-1 Flags Inc. to optimize the visitorís web site experience. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable data about visitors to this site are known to A-1 Flags Inc. only if and when voluntarily submitted by the visitor. All personal information collected by A-1 Flags Inc. is retained by A-1 Flags Inc. and not sold or otherwise provided to third parties. A-1 Flags Inc. sometimes uses email addresses and other personally identifiable information to communicate with visitors who have provided A-1 Flags Inc. with their email addresses for specific purposes such as receiving newsletters or other information. Each newsletter will also contain instructions on how to discontinue receipt of the newsletter. Visitors should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information on bulletin boards or in chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
A-1 Flags Inc.'s web pages may place a "cookie" in the browser files of a visitor's computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personal information. Although cookies enable A-1 Flags Inc. to relate a visitor's use of A-1 Flags Inc.'s site to information that the visitor has specifically and knowingly provided, A-1 Flags Inc. does not do so for any sites specifically designed for and aimed at children. A-1 Flags Inc. believes that parents should supervise their children's online activities and should consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online any personal information without parental permission.
By posting/sending a message in the bulletin board/e-mail area, you agree to have that message along with your name posted for public viewing both here and in other promotional and advertising materials without compensation. A-1 Flags Inc. will attempt to post as many messages as possible, cannot promise to post every submission. All messages that are posted here represent the opinions of the individuals or organizations posting those messages, and do not express the ideas or opinions of A-1 Flags Inc.. You may copy the posted messages for personal use, but redistribution in any way requires the permission of A-1 Flags Inc. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy you make of any message(s) located on this web site shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
In order to maintain an informative and valuable service that meets the needs of the users of the web site and avoids the harm that can result from disseminating statements that are false, malicious, in violation of the rights of others, or otherwise harmful, it is necessary to establish the following rules to protect against abuse:
- You may not post or transmit any message which is libellous, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person. You may not post or transmit any message, file, image or program which is indecent, obscene or pornographic.
- You may not post or transmit any message, file, image or program that would violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted text, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion.
- You may not interfere with other users' use of the web site.
- You may not post or transmit any message, file, image or program which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive agent.
- You may not post or transmit any message which is harmful, threatening, abusive or hateful. It is not A-1 Flags Inc.'s intention to discourage its users from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however. A-1 Flags Inc. reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in cases where the web site is used to disseminate statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful.
- Any information provided to A-1 Flags Inc. shall be provided by the submitter and received by A-1 Flags Inc. on a non-confidential basis. A-1 Flags Inc. will only accept submissions made by registered users of A-1 Flags Inc.. A-1 Flags Inc. shall be free to use such information without limitation, restriction or obligation. All submissions, comments, ideas, and correspondence become the sole property of A-1 Flags Inc..
- You may not post or transmit charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid schemes. You may not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of other users of the web site for goods or services except in those areas (e.g., a classified bulletin board) that are designated for such purpose.
- You may not use the facilities and capabilities of the web site to conduct or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of others.
- You may not post any e-mail or materials that would be considered a violation of any law. A-1 Flags Inc. will co-operate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing A-1 Flags Inc. to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such e-mail or materials.
You agree to indemnify A-1 Flags Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your breach of any of the foregoing provisions.
You agree to grant to A-1 Flags Inc. a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of A-1 Flags Inc.'s site(s) or which you provide by email or any other means to A-1 Flags Inc. and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to A-1 Flags Inc. the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against A-1 Flags Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to A-1 Flags Inc..
Still have questions or need a quote?
If you would like additional information or would like A-1 Flags expertise in guiding you with the selection of your flag or flagpoles...Contact A-1 Flags